Friday, July 27, 2007

Getting to know you, 2007.

> 1. What time did you get up this morning?
9:30 East coast time, 6:30 West coast time.

> 2. Diamonds or pearls?
Pearls. Beautiful accidents, no bloodshed required, and also the name of my favorite record (Harold Budd/Brian Eno "The Pearl")

> 3. What was the last film you saw at the movies?
Spider-Man 3. I don't get out much.

> 4. What is your favorite TV show?
These days it's probably Battlestar Galactica, but I only watch it on DVD. We don't really have TV hooked up.

> 5. What do you usually have for breakfast.
Protein, in omelet or power bar form.

> 6. What is your middle name?
Jon.

> 7. What food do you dislike?
Beets.

> 8. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
CDs? What is this, the 20th century?

Newest thing I've liked enough to listen to more than once is LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver".

Newest "discovery" I've been listening to a lot are minimal/glitch/techno albums by Ezekiel Honig ("Early Morning Migration") and Shuttle358 ("Chessa").


> 9. What kind of car do you drive
1995 Acura Integra, though I greatly prefer my 2005 Ducati Multistrada motorcycle as a form of transportation.

> 10. Favorite sandwich?
Tuna melt.

> 11. What characteristics do you despise?
Selfishness
Dishonesty

> 12. Favorite item of clothing?
I don't know - clothes are pretty interchangeable for me these days. I try hard not to get attached to any of them because I know they'll just wear out. Maybe my Real Genius replica "I [heart] Toxic Waste" t-shirt?

> 13. If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where
Hawaii. It may not be exotic, but it's a relatively quick flight and super-relaxing.

> 14. What color is your bathroom?
Yellow.

> 15. Favorite brand of clothing?
Aw man I don't know. You mean that I would wear or that I've seen? I don't follow fashion at all these days. I saw some Zegna suits which looked pretty nice...

> 16. Where would you retire?
My grave? Heh. I don't know. Someplace both affordable and cosmopolitan. Let me know if you can find one!

> 17. Most memorable birthday?
My 34th, where I proposed to my wife.

> 18. Favorite Sport to watch?
I don't go in for sports much, but my Dad used to drag me to hockey games a lot. So hockey or maybe motorcycle racing.

> 19. Furthest place you are sending this?
DC

> 20. Who do you expect to send this back to you?
Nobody, Liz already sent me hers.

> 21. Person you expect to send it back first?
See above.

> 22. Favorite saying?
Never mistake idiocy for evil.

> 23. When is your birthday?
July 16th, 1969. I'm freakin' OLD.

> 24. Are you a morning person or a night person?
A little of both.

> 25. What is your shoe size?
Depends on the shoe. Generally in the 10-10.5 range.

> 26. Pets?
Not these days.

> 27. What did you want to be when you were little?
Buckaroo Banzai.

> 28. What are you today?
Buckaroo Banzai.

> 29. What is you favorite candy?
Paul Newman's dark chocolate peanut butter cups.

> 30. What is your favorite flower?
Calla lily.

> 31. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
My next vacation. Wait, that's not scheduled yet. Hmm. Monday. I get to go home after a week away.

> 32. What place of worship do you attend?
We are absolutely sure there's no God.

> 33. What are you listening to right now?
"She'll Come Back To You Tomorrow" by The Church.

> 34. What was the last thing you ate?
A MetRX chocolate/peanut butter protein bar - the concessions here in the A gates of EWR are abominable and/or closed.

> 35. Do you wish on stars?
No.

> 36. Do you believe in Angels?
The only Angel I know is a blonde ex-motocross-racing chick. I don't know how reliable she is, but I am pretty sure she is real.

> 37. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Silver.

> 38. What is your pet peeve?
Too many to mention. I am annoyed by pretty much everything at times. Maybe my own annoyance at pretty much everything!

> 39. Last person you spoke to on the phone
My lovely wife.

> 40. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Yes, very much. Against all odds, she is one of my closest friends.

> 41. Favorite soft drink?
Sparkling water (a.k.a "Frenchy fart water")

> 42. Favorite restaurant?
Campanile, Los Angeles.

> 43. Hair Color?
Brown with the inevitable gray creeping in.

> 45. Favorite day of the year?
Christmas Day.

> 46. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Apple ][+ computer. It felt like touching the future and has arguably been the vector for everything in my life that followed.

> 47. Summer or Winter?
Summer.

> 48. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses, but only for one person.

> 49. Chocolate or vanilla?
Dark chocolate.

> 50. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back!!!
Yes.

> 51. When was the last time you cried?
I'm not sure. I get misty in movies all the time. The last time I cried due to real life was probably after I got laid off from Listen.com.

> 52. What is under your bed?
My wife's shoes, my shoe shine kit, my old combat boots, and a box I like very much.

> 53. Who is the friend on this list you've had longest?
Liz. Has it really been over 20 years?

> 54. What did you do last night?
Went to a "business dinner" at a pub, then watched TV briefly in my hotel room before collapsing into a deep, deep sleep.

> 55. Favorite smell?
The East campus of Duke University.

> 56. What are you afraid of?
Losing my mental faculties.

> 57. How many keys on your key ring?
As few as possible. My main key ring has 4.

> 58. How many years at your current job?
Just under 2.

> 59. Favorite day of the week?
Sunday.

> 60. How many towns have you lived in?
4 - DC; Hanover, NH; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA.

> 61. Do you make friends easily?
No.

> 62. What's your current mood?
Relaxed and peaceful.

> 63. Can you sing?
Hell yes.

> 64. Can you dance?
Yes, but I don't.

> 65. How many people will you send this to?
One. But I'll probably post it on my blog.

No comments: