Recently I've become more familiar with what I am calling "Arnold's Law":
No matter how full or empty the locker room is, once you pick a locker, someone will appear next to you needing to get into the locker occluded by your locker door.
I've been spending a lot of time at the gym lately and found this to be ridiculously true. Hell, the gym can be closed and someone still seems to appear out of nowhere. It's nuts.
Anyhow, work is settling down a bit - part of it is the usual end-of-year "nothing's going on". Part of it is my group is just in a bit of a lull. Regardless, it's a nice change. Lots of other big pieces moving around, but I am not heavily involved (yet).
I haven't spent much time working on music, just been monkeying with some new equipment (new mic pre, new mic, some software upgrades). Noodling around, coming up with some ideas. Also trying to find new people for the band and rehearsing for the upcoming Palace Family Steak House gig.
Also been spending some time with Neverwinter Nights 2.
Got back to DC on a business trip and saw some family and friends. The leaves were turning, it was raining, it was sunny. Made my heart ache a bit for the past.
And as for the gym? Well, I'm down to 179 and my blood pressure was normal this morning (it's been close all week).
As for music and such, the things I've been enjoying lately:
- Tim Hecker "Harmony in Ultraviolet" - Ambient.
- Pan American "For Waiting, For Chasing" - Ambient.
- Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto "insen" - Glitchy ambient.
- Cranes "Particles and Waves" - Still doing the same weird gothy thing. I still like some of it.
- The Knife - "Silent Shout" - Off-kilter disco.
- The Church - "Uninvited, Like The Clouds". It's a new Church album.